Adjunct - Public Speaking
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) seeks a dynamic communication instructor that has a proven track record of teaching excellence in public speaking online. The instructor would be adaptable to diverse learners with varying backgrounds and levels of preparation. The candidate should have the ability to utilize the Canvas online learning management system.
NIACC is dedicated to student success. The College's faculty and adjunct positions have the primary responsibilities of teaching assigned courses, having regular and substantive communication with students, being available for students, and collaborating on departmental objectives. In addition, all faculty and adjuncts work in alignment with the College's mission, vision, and values to continuously improve as professional educators and experts in their field.
Start Date: August 2019
- NIACC Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact Information for 3 References
- Transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable)
Applicants will be prompted to complete the following questions as part of the application materials:
- Describe your most rewarding experience in education.
- List speaking engagements, memberships, elected or appointed non-educational leadership positions.
- What do you consider to be the two most significant educational problems or issues today? Why do you consider them significant?
- Write a brief statement on your philosophy of the function of a comprehensive community college.
Qualifications: MA in Speech or Communications OR MA degree with 18 graduate semester hours in speech, communication, drama/theatre, or English.